Life Skill Worker
Abraxas, a GEO Group company, is a leading provider of innovative and quality treatment programs for youth, adults and families. For 40 years, Abraxas has contracted with various county and state agencies for the operation of residential, community-based, detention/shelter services and alternative education programming. We offer specialized services for hard-to-place juvenile populations including fire setters, sexual offenders and habitual offenders in addition to gender specific programming for females in need of treatment.
The primary function of the Life Skill Worker II is to implement the clinical activities, which
support the daily clinical schedule. In addition, the Life Skills Worker II assists in case
management supervises clients, monitors and addresses client behavior, and documents services in
• Interacts meaningfully with clients.
• Observes client behavior and intervenes appropriately.
• Provides effective people security (headcounts, room checks, client movement, etc.)
• Processes intakes and screens clients.
• Implements daily activity schedule – structures and coordinates client activities (i.e. family
night, recreation, etc…).
• Facilitates and documents various psycho-educational groups/meetings (i.e. theme groups,
D&A Education Seminars, process and procedure meetings, etc…).
• Supervises self-administration of medication.
• Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of
• Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.